McGill’s Bus Service Ltd is the UK’s largest privately owned bus company and employs around 800 employees within three locations based at Greenock, Inchinnan and Johnstone depots.
We currently have a position available for an assistant engineering manager at one of our depots in Renfrewshire.
As a company, we are heavily committed to sustainability, being environmentally friendly, continuous fleet investment and career training, we recently purchased 41 brand new electric vehicles operating from our Renfrewshire depots; this takes our total electric fleet to 83 in the Renfrewshire area.
So, what does the role involve? As an assistant engineering manager, you will be based in the depot, managing a team of engineers and being responsible for the daily control of the workshop, maintaining a high standard and productivity levels within the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delegate routine maintenance and repairs on various vehicle types to meet McGill’s buses standards & exceed DVSA requirements.
- Fully comply with all health and safety and engineering legislation along with company policies.
- Fully comply with all relevant SSOW.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other staff as required.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and the depot engineering manager.
- Maintain and develop technical skills as required.
- Ensure all drivers defect cards and inspection records are actioned and completed accurately and promptly.
- Practice and encourage the highest standards of housekeeping.
Who are we looking for?
- You must possess a full UK driving licence.
- You must be a time served PCV mechanic or a heavy vehicle mechanic.
- A PCV licence is desirable, however not essential.
- An aptitude to develop others within the engineering team to improve efficiencies. Ability to work under pressure and as part of a close-knit team.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
What can we offer you?
- £42,000 with a Sign on bonus of £1000
- Company pension
- Continual training and development to further your career.
- Unlimited free travel for you and partner on all McGill’s bus services.
- We will also provide you with all necessary PPE and specialist equipment.
If you’re happy sticking as an Assistant Engineering manager then that’s fine by us…but if you do want to progress, we’ll support you every step of the way. You will be given exposure to work which will develop your skills and experience to allow you to progress your management career even further. So, if you have an engineering supervisory or management background working with large vehicles, then we can’t wait to receive your application.