McGill’s Scotland West part of the McGill’s Bus Service Ltd group are the UK’s largest privately owned Bus Company. We employ around 800 employees within the Scotland West region with three locations based in Greenock, Johnstone & Inchinnan. We are proud to have been recently awarded Public Transport Operator of the Year 2022 at the Scottish Transport Awards.
We are looking to hire PCV drivers, to transport our customers safely and on time to their destinations, we have full time, part time permanent posts available, across a wide variety of shift patterns and it is a flexible role too.
- Maintain a high standard of customer care and service presentation.
- To drive the vehicle in a safe and considerate manner
- Collect appropriate fares, ensure customers scan their QR code and issue tickets.
- Comply with accident reporting procedure.
- Be fully conversant with company rules, regulations and procedures and apply them whilst on duty.
- To carry out such tasks as are directed to meet the needs of the business.
- Current PCV driving licence and valid CPC card for PVC Drivers.
- Current Class B (Car) licence for Trainee Driver
- Excellent driving skills
- Great numerical skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Courteous, helpful attitude towards customers
- Flexible approach to work
Successful candidates will benefit from a competitive salary, McGill's offers other staff benefits including free travel on McGill's services and some other operators, a brand-new uniform. Pension scheme in operation and paid membership for Transport Benevolent Fund.